9.18.2009

ch-ch-ch-changes!...

Been thinking a lot about the current state of the industry, what this means for indie designers, and where I want this blog to go. I think it's time for a change, not that there aren't enough fab indie designers to spotlight, but how to better be of help. In the coming weeks we'll start adding interviews with designers, stores, editors, etc to switch things up a bit. Not cutesy questions either; we're talking building a business kinda questions here!
Now onto you...if you have a question or need help with your business, leave a comment below and we'll handle the rest. And yes, in between we will continue to highlight fantastic indie, new, almost new, or not so new but just darn great designers!

7 comments:

Beklina said...

Sounds great!

Sourcing sustainable textiles & US production facilities, and crafters, this is what I would love to find more of.

WendyB said...

This sounds exciting -- I like the idea of focusing on the business aspect. If you want an interview with my friend, designer Christian Francis Roth, I would be happy to set that up for you!

AngieOh said...

I recently opened a vintage\indie shop in Puerto Rico called Ouna's Closet. If you're doing features or interviews with b&m's I'd love to participate. Drop by my facebook group: Ouna's Closet or email me at ounacloset@yahoo.com

Thanks!

resalikescolors said...

I'm excited to hear about the new angle you are going to take with the blog! I'm an artist/designer/crafter that is trying to get my recycled junkmail handbags out there and would love to hear how people have started out, the very beginning of things.

Thanks!

Jacqui said...

How funny, I just found your blog after seeing your post on Design Sponge's biz ladies, so this is perfect timing.

I'm wondering how to go about writing a "Terms of Agreement" letter to those who inquire about wholesaling my products in there stores?

Thank you!

Additionsstyle said...

What a great idea.

Any info about consignment, should you have your own contract, or trust the store contract? How long should a store hang onto your merchandise if it's not selling? Do stores promote products on consignment or just products they own?

I look forward to this new direction. Thanks!

Talmadge said...

I love your blog, and the direction you're planning to go with it. I work with a really great, fledgling clothing boutique in Newtown, PA, which offers pieces by up-and-coming designers (mens and womens), reworked vintage pieces, and owner/designer Katra Michener's eponymous line. Katra's pieces are really great, and we're just trying to get the word out! As artists, designers, and store owners, we'd love to help with this, and any love you can show us would be MUCH APPRECIATED! :) loveilluminati.com; blog.loveilluminati.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin