5.22.2008

Diane Von Furstenberg photoshoot

I've been away from you for so long only to come back with a post about myself (for shame:) , but I just had to share the stellar experience I had this week. As cheering squad for independent designers I couldn't resist an opportunity to meet one of the founding indie labels; the designer whose name is so recognizable it could be shortened to three letters...DVF.

The fabulous Coutorture teamed up with Diane von Furstenberg and invited a few New York bloggers to model the Spring 2008 collection. We had the run of the store and I had to say it was one of the hardest moments of my fashion life to choose a few dresses from among the Spring line. Pattern, beading, trim, print, embroidery...everything was perfectly placed and constructed to embrace the DVF signature of femimine, powerful, sexy clothing. I came close to bolting toward the doors with dresses trailing from my clenched fists! The shot above is my favorite dress; the 'Franz in Rhombus All Over Siren' was a delightful fit in a silk/linen blend. I believe it runs one size large as I took a size 4 from my usual 6. Although I brought my best ANTM game, you can see and buy Franz at DVF.com
I'd also like to thank the incredibly sweet staff and photographer Franco LaCosta (wow!!); had you just walked by you may have thought that this was a Spring ad campaign because they treated everyone as if we did this everyday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Are you the "siren" in the photo?

Clothes-Pin said...

thanks anon:) you've got me blushing now !!

Unknown said...

Looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG. I haven't been on your blog in a bit. Ain't u too cute!!!

shelley

Blog Widget by LinkWithin