8.08.2006

Ann Cherico

It's the finds like this that keep me going as a researcher extraordinaire...ok fine a blogger. Ann Cherico designs this impressive collection of jewelry; her other claim to fame? Her twice great uncle was surrealist painter Giorgio de Chirico, which means she pretty much had no choice but to be darn good. Ah, the pressure. Her collection features a blend of materials: gold, brass, bone, horn, and gemstones through which she strives to create a balance between masculine and feminine, organic and synthetic. Very simply put, it struck me as pretty and edgy and just plain lovely, but who am I to mess with the artist in her. Ann will also be showcasing her collection at Project Las Vegas.

3 comments:

paperlily said...

Lovely indeed. I'm noticing more resin pieces, like the cameo, that I like lately.

Anonymous said...

Those are glorious. How do I buy her pieces?

Clothes-Pin said...

When you go under stores on the site, it looks like there are quite a few net based retailers (or possibly one in your area). Maybe they will have the option to purchase. Good luck!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin